This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities, and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist in picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in childcare, you will need to take this role seriously and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 EYE
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Be an active team member
- Good time keeping Skills
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Kind and friendly
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
Early Years Practitioner Level 2
We will work with you to complete your English and maths Functional Skills Level 1 or Level 2 depending on current grades and qualifcations.