Childcare Apprenticeship - Top Tots Day Nursery
Top Tots Day Nursery
ASPIRE TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
The Aspire Training Team are looking for a hardworking & reliable individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare diploma during a 12 month apprenticeship with Top Tots Day Nursery.
Top Tots Day nursery is based inside The John Pound Community Centre in Portsmouth. It first is a fantastic setting caring for children aged 3 months to 5 years, as has been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted since 2009!
This is an amazing opportunity to start your career in childcare, working in an exemplary childcare setting providing a high standard of childcare for children, whilst learning under the direction of qualified and experience childcare professionals.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Helping to provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, in a safe, caring, friendly, relaxed and constructive atmosphere
- Preparing activities, and assist with organising the weekly programme
- Assisting others with the planning and implementation of a range of activities to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the activities to suit each child's individual development needs through observations and keeping of development records
- Assist in preparing materials and equipment at the start of each session and clearing away at the end
- Safeguarding children- Ensuring that staff are kept informed of the physical and emotional security of the children, and that anything about a child that gives cause for concern is reported to the Manager immediately and acted upon accordingly.
- Assist in supervising the children at meal times, and assisting with feeding as necessary.
- Adopting a flexible and teamwork approach to work at all times
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school leader, in accordance with the Nurseries business plan and objectives.
- Assist in outside programmes which the nursery takes part in (tooth brushing scheme, pre-school challenge).
- Helping to keep the nursery is kept clean and tidy at all times
The ideal candidate will be a cheerful, motivated individual with a real passion for working in childcare and wanting to make a difference. You must also be reliable, punctual, flexible, a good team player, and be committed to complete you training in order to gain your Level 2 Childcare NVQ.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and GCSE Grades 4-9/A*-C in maths and English Language (or equivalent) are preferred, however in the event you would like to progress onto a Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship these are required upon completion of the Level 3 in order for you to receive your licence to practice.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Effective communicator
- Passionate for wanting to work with children & make a difference
- Good timekeeping & attendance
- Confident to work in a team
- Able to manage own time effectively when completing written work
- Fun, motivated to learn and be the best
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- BTEC Diploma for Early Years Practitioners
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills, English, maths and ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.