The Aspire training team are looking for a cheerful, keen, and passionate individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare Diploma during a 15 month apprenticeship with Play Days Childminding in Poole.
Play Days childminding is a wonderful childcare setting led by experienced Childminder Michelle Sharp. The setting benefits from a dedicated playroom and a dedicated sleep room for the children to use as well as a lovely garden area for the children to experience and enjoy outdoor play.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, joining a fantastic childcare setting and learning from a qualified and experience childcare professional.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a team to create a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere
- Assisting with setting up and different learning experiences for the children
- Actively engaging with children during activities and encouraging their development through play
- Updating the children’s daily records, so that parents can be kept updated on what their child has been doing
- Helping to prepare and serve meals to the children, as well as feeding children where necessary
- Supporting with children’s personal care
- Ensuring the setting is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring that the children are kept safe at all times
- Reporting any safety concerns to the business owner
- Keeping up to date with all coursework
The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic about childcare with a willingness to learn more and to gain further qualifications. You must be willing to actively get involved with the children and a good team player who is able to follow instructions, and you must be willing to undertake training in order to gain your Level 2 Diploma in Childcare.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and have GCSE grades A*-C/4-9 in maths and English Language (or equivalent i.e. functional skills). If you do not have these grades you must be willing to work towards them as in the event you would like to progress onto a Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship these are required upon completion of the Level 3.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1