The Aspire Training Team are currently recruiting for a passionate, reliable and flexible individual to join Nemo’s Nursery as a Level 2 or 3 Apprentice.
Housed in a beautifully large Victorian House which has been refurbished and set amongst extensive grounds in Canford Cliffs, it has a Nursery and Preschool, and is an extremely friendly and professional environment which is dedicated to giving the best ‘On the Job’ training available.
This is an exciting opportunity to complete a Childcare apprenticeship within a fantastic setting, learning from experienced childcare professionals.
Requirements for the role are as follows:
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written & verbal
- A passion to work with young Children and enjoy teamwork
- Be flexible in your work
- Set high expectations to inspire and Motivate children
- Adapt activities to respond to your strengths & needs of all children
- Training to obtain your Childcare qualification whilst in employment with Nemo’s Nursery
You will need to be a great team player, confident and outgoing and must be willing to carry out a variety of tasks, as well as enthusiastic and willing to learn. You must also you must be imaginative, creative and be committed to a career within Childcare.
You ideally will have GCSE Grades A*-C 9-4 in English Language & maths, or equivalent i.e. functional skills; however please note that in the event you would like to progress onto an Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship you must have grades A*-C 9-4 in GCSE or equivalent in English and maths upon completion of the Level 3.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You will also be expected to read to the children and to participate in music and movement sessions with them.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early years practitioner level 2 apprenticeship standard
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills, English, maths and ICT