Childcare Apprenticeship - Muddy Monkies
MUDDY MONKIES LIMITED
ASPIRE TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
The Aspire Training Team are currently recruiting for a punctual, reliable and flexible individual to join Muddy Monkies as a Level 2 Apprentice.
Muddy Monkeys is an early year’s provision of Forest schooling that opened in 2018. They offer childcare for ages 2-5 term time along with some holiday camps for children up to age 11 years.
This is an exciting opportunity to complete a Level 2 Childcare apprenticeship within a small, friendly team at a fantastic setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work effectively as part of a team
- To be involved in the planning of activities for the children
- Communicating with parents and ensuring that the children’s records are accurate and up to date
- Interacting with the children and encourage the children to participate in the activities
- Creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which children can grow and flourish in a fun and stimulating environment
- Assisting with personal care and changing nappies
- Preparing snacks and helping to cook food on an open fire
You will need to enjoy working outside in all weathers as the setting is a forest school with very little shelter. You will also need to be a great team player, confident and outgoing and must be willing to carry out a variety of tasks. You must also you must be imaginative, creative and be committed to a career within Childcare.
You ideally will have GCSE Grades A*-C in English Language & maths, or equivalent i.e. functional skills; however please note that in the event you would like to progress onto an Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship you must have grades A*-C in GCSE or equivalent in English and maths upon completion of the Level 3.
Working hours will be approximately 35 hours per week with shifts between 7:30am and 3pm.
At the end of the course there is the possibility of full-time employment for the right candidate.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You will also be expected to read to the children and to participate in music and movement sessions with them.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills, English, maths and ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.