What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will be a key member of the nursery
team, your duties activities may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and educational
activities with the children
- Play alongside and with children to support their
- Contribute to children’s records through
- Assist with the supervision of children at rest
times and at mealtimes
- Contribute in creating a safe, happy environment
for the children
- Ensure the play area is clean and tidy at all
- This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing
personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required) End-Point Assessment (EPA) On the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?There may be the opportunity to continue your employment at
the end of the level 2 apprenticeship and progress to level 3.
Reality CheckIf you are using public transport to get to this employer, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular service is available.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Creative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C / 4) Desired