Within the team the candidate will assist the other nursery assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare. This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality, who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
To progress to Level 3 in Childcare for the right candidate.
- Good timekeeping
- Outgoing personality, great if able to work using own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting
- Must be committed to a career in childcare
- Good numeracy - A-C/8-4 Grades in maths or equivalent
- Good literacy - A-C/8-4 Grades in English or equivalent
- Full training to Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English if required