The Aspire Training Team are seeking a motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual as an apprentice to complete their Level 2 Childcare NVQ during a 15 month apprenticeship with KingsWood Day Nursery in Alderholt.
KingsWood Day Nursery is a small privately owned nursery that offers outstanding care to children aged between birth and 8 years of age. They are based on the borders of Dorset and Hampshire and has been accredited the prestigious aware of outstanding by Ofsted. The cosy, converted, old school building provides the children with the perfect opportunity to create wonderful childhood memories within an idyllic setting.
KingsWood Day Nursery also provides a Forest School, which provides magical and inspirational opportunities for children to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands on learning in a serene environment. This is a fundamental part of the day so the love of being outdoors in all weathers is a must.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, working alongside qualified and experienced childcare professionals within a fantastic setting.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Organising and engaging in different activities and encouraging children to participate
- Participating in forest walks. Preparing and serving meals and aiding the children at meal times
- Supporting nursery staff with various duties throughout the day
- Ensuring the nursery is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Providing a safe and enriching environment for the children
- Keeping up to date with coursework
The ideal candidate will be confident, outgoing and must enjoys the outdoors. You will be a great team player, with good communication skills which are necessary for this role.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and GCSE’s A*-C in English Language and maths, or equivalent i.e functional skills are desired but not essential.
Due to the location and nature of the nursery it is a must that you are able to have flexible transport for altering weekly shift patterns, shifts are given to staff a month in advance to seek transport where possible. A car park for staff is on site for candidates which are able to drive. Car shares are possible, if staff live in similar locations, however candidates must not rely on other staff to transport them to and from KingsWood, due to alternating shift patterns.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1