Childcare Apprenticeship in Leeds Farsley - Intermediate (Level 2)
Busy Bees Childcare Ltd
Busy Bees Childcare Ltd
Apprentices form a valid role within our nurseries as employed members of the staff team. It will be expected that apprentices progress from Intermediate Level 2. This starts your progression of career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Contributing to the safeguarding of all children
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development
- Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room
As an Apprentice, you will be working alongside qualified staff who will show you the ropes. You will be assigned a mentor to provide you with support within your nursery, helping you to complete the tasks you need so you can progress in your qualification. You will attend Learning & Development courses at our training centres, where you will be provided with knowledge to develop your personal skills and practice.
Your Development Coach will visit you regularly in your nursery, assessing the work you are doing, providing recognition for your progress and vital guidance on how you can improve.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way to kick start your career with Busy Bees!
- Progression on to Level 3 and develop into more senior roles within a nursery
- Part of all of our apprenticeship Learning & Development courses will be held at training centres which may involve additional travelling from a nursery you have been appointed to
- Time management
- Commitment to continued professional development
- No entry qualification required
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Certificate
- Paediatric First Aid
- Food Safety Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Level 2 award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Children and Young People's Settings, whilst developing your Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
There is a Gaining Practical Experience Booklet designed to enhance your 'on the job' training, along with opportunities for short courses, such as:
- Basic Skills
- Functional Skills
- Equality & Diversity
- Behaviour Management
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Safeguarding Children, and many more
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.