Apprentices form a valid role within our nurseries as employed members of the staff team. It will be expected that apprentices progress from Intermediate Level 2. This starts your progression of career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Contributing to the safeguarding of all children
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development
- Communicate with their line manager regarding the activities and progress within the room
As an apprentice, you will be working alongside qualified staff who will show you the ropes. You will be assigned a mentor to provide you with support within your nursery, helping you to complete the tasks you need so you can progress in your qualification. You will attend Learning & Development courses at our training centres, where you will be provided with knowledge to develop your personal skills and practice.
Your Development Coach will visit you regularly in your nursery, assessing the work you are doing, providing recognition for your progress and vital guidance on how you can improve.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way to start your career with Busy Bees!
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.
Progression onto Level 3 and develop into more senior roles within a nursery.
As part of all of our apprenticeship Learning & Development courses will be held at training centres, this may involve additional travelling from a nursery you have been appointed to.
- Time management
- Commitment to continued professional development
No formal entry qualifications required.
Early Years Practitioner level 2 standard.
This level 2 course is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce. Alternatively, this can also be used for staff who already work in the sector who are looking to develop their skills and gain a recognised qualification.
This includes learning the following:
- Equality and Diversity
- Young children's development
- Importance of play
- Communicating with babies and young children
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of children
- Supporting children with special educational needs (SEND)
- Functional Skills (if required)
The level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship qualification confirms competence under supervision in these areas and serves as a progression pathway to the required qualification at level 3.
The duration of this course is 15 months and this includes an End Point Assessment (EPA).