The Aspire training team are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship during a 12 month apprenticeship with Hordle Explorers Nursery.
Based at Hordle Primary School, Hordle Explorers Nursery has one main aim; to provide a safe and secure 'home from home' for every child in their care where they can develop emotionally, physically and intellectually through play and exploration. They were rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in their latest inspection, and are very proud of their team and the service they provide.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, working in a fantastic childcare setting while learning from qualified, passionate and experienced childcare professionals.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to create a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere
- Providing all aspects of care to children under supervision, including washing & changing
- Helping to ensure the nursery and its resources are clean and tidy
- Acting as key person for a small group of children
- Recording observations and planning for key children
- Assistant with meeting the personal and emotional needs of each child
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Keeping up to date with all coursework
Due to the nature of the role you will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be required to interact with parents to help support their children’s development. The ideal candidate will be bright, energetic, and passionate about childcare with a willingness to learn more and to gain further qualifications. You must be reliable, hardworking and a good team player and you must be willing to undertake training in order to gain your Level 2 NVQ in Childcare.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and have GCSE grades A*-C/9/4 in maths and English Language (or equivalent i.e. functional skills). If you do not have these grades you must be willing to work towards them as in the event you would like to progress onto a Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship these are required upon completion of the Level 3.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You will also be expected to read to the children and to participate in music and movement sessions with them.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1