The Aspire Training Team are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to gain their Level 3 Childcare Diploma during a 24-month apprenticeship with Golden Acorns Pre-School.
Golden Acorns Preschool is a family-run preschool that caters for children aged from 12 months until school age. The preschool is located in the beautiful rural village of Chilmark, with close connections to all surrounding villages. They provide children with different activities, both indoor and outdoor to encourage their development. They use different strategies to suit each child to ensure that all individual needs are being met and catered for.
We are looking for an apprentice who can carry out the following duties with training and a natural ability:
- Planning and assisting with setting up different activities for the children
- Interacting with the children
- Occasional day trips
- Encourage children’s development
- Interacting with parents (once trained)
- Supporting with meal times and snacks
- Supporting with personal care
- Keeping children safe at all times
- Assisting with keeping the pre-school clean and tidy
- Keeping up to date with all coursework
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with children with a natural affinity towards them, and be able to read, follow and understand Policies, Procedures and Permissions. They will also need to be a great team player, kind and patient with the children and must be professional at all times.
We are looking for someone who is confident, reliable, flexible and punctual, who is also willing to learn and interact with the team and children. You will be working outside from time to time, so will need to be prepared for this, and you will need to like interacting with various animals such as Rabbits, Chickens and Guinea Pigs.
You will need to have a minimum of GCSE Grade C/4 in English Language and maths (or equivalent).
Salary to be confirmed.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 3 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills, English and maths