What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for someone who:
· would like to develop a career in early years education
· is committed to supporting all children in their learning including those with additional needs
· can observe and record children's progress with the support of the team
· will help children develop particular skills through working in small groups or a one-to-one basis
· can support the manager in the day to day delivery of their sessions by assisting them with preparation and resourcing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
Prior to completion, the apprentice will undertake an End Point Assessment (EPA). This consists of a portfolio of evidence, a professional discussion and a knowledge test, a pass or distinction is achievable.
Functional Skills, maths and English, are an integral to completion of the apprenticeship. These are a requirement if not already achieved equivilent GCSEs.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Along with the apprenticeship standard, the apprentice will also achieve a Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF). Could lead to a permenant position after completion.
Reality CheckMust be able successfully obtain a full DBS
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Number skills, Team working, Creative, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or Equivalent) Desired