The Aspire Training Team are looking for an enthusiastic, and hardworking individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare Diploma, during a 15-Month Apprenticeship with Alphabet Day Nursery.
Alphabet Nursery are based in Westbourne, Bournemouth, and are committed to providing the highest standard of care within a warm, and safe environment for children to enjoy. They create a place where children will feel happy and cared for, with an aim to make learning fun and interesting, and where every child feels that they are a special little person with their own likes and dislikes. Their children are all treated as individuals, and they believe in lots of praise and encouragement, to build to their children’s confidence to help them in their transition to school.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, working in a fantastic childcare setting while learning from qualified and experience childcare professionals.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Organising different activities and encouraging children to participate
- Preparing and serving meals and aiding the children at mealtimes
- Supporting nursery staff with various duties throughout the day
- Ensuring the nursery is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Providing a safe environment for the children
- Assisting with checks around the nursery
- Keeping up to date with coursework.
The ideal candidate will be bright, energetic, and passionate about childcare with a willingness to learn more and to gain further qualifications. You must be reliable, hardworking and a good team player who is able to follow instructions, and you must be willing to undertake training in order to gain your Level 2 Diploma in Childcare.
This nursery is open from 7.00 am until 6.30pm currently, to accommodate the working patterns of parents in Bournemouth, and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday within these hours.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and GCSE grades A*-C/4-9 in maths and English Language, or equivalent, are preferred as in the event you would like to progress onto a Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship these are required upon completion of the Level 3.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
Before you start working within the nursery you will be asked to complete a DBS check, this will need to come back clear. Using the following link and post code, please make sure you are within a reasonable commute to the setting. Postcode: BH4 8HD Google Maps: www.google.co.uk/maps/
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- A good team player
- Motivated and willing to achieve a qualification
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1