Alphabet Corner are seeking an imaginative and creative individual looking to complete their Level 2 Childcare qualification within a 15-month placement at their privately owned Day Care nursery based in Portsmouth.
At Alphabet Corner they value the ethos that growing and learning should be fun and creative- not dry and dull! Here they encourage fun and creative activities that will assist and inspire their Children to be expressive and inquisitive, thus aiding their development.
Providing Child Care to local families within the Portsmouth area for nearly 10 years, Alphabet Corner understand that each child they care for is unique and all have characteristics and temperaments that vary greatly from others; that is why they provide a range of learning activities to offer the most flexible, supportive approach to helping each child develop at an appropriate pace.
Your Duties/Responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to planning & implementing a range of activities ensuring the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of the child are met
- To ensure the Nursery is a clean & safe environment for the children at all times
- Assist with maintaining accurate records for the Children e.g. Attendance Registers, Sleep Charts etc.
- Cover staff breaks and lunches when required
- Work as part of the staff team effectively
You must be a reliable and conscientious individual who commits themselves to their work and have a keen eagerness to learn. To be a real team-player within this Nursery you must be imaginative, creative and be committed to a career within Childcare.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
In the event that you wish to progress onto a Level 3, you will need to hold at least a grade ‘C’ or grade ‘4’ in both your maths & English Language GCSE’s, or alternatively a Level 2 in both maths & English Language Functional Skills (or equivalent).
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1