As a childcare apprentice you will work full time at the nursery, gaining knowledge from experienced colleagues while working towards your apprenticeship qualifications. Your daily duties will include:
- Have a small group of key children, to plan for and track progress
- Liaise with parents; participate in parents evenings and open days
- Support the children in their everyday development
- Assist with nappy changes, food times and sleep times
- Support and work alongside the other staff in the overall running of the nursery
The role will require a DBS check to be carried out prior to starting.
You will have the opportunity to gain more knowledge and understanding of a Montessori nursery, the opportunity to undergo more training, specific to their role.
Your work shift pattern will be; Monday-Friday on shifts 7:30 am-4:30 pm/8:30 am-5:30 pm /9.00 am-6.00 pm
- Someone who can work both on their own and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about helping children learn and develop skills
- Can bring new ideas into the nursery which will enrich the children’s learning and environment
- Confidence in working with babies (1-2 years) or toddlers (2-3 years)
- Previous experience in Nursery setting
- A genuine passion for a career in childcare
- Minimum Level 2 Qualification in Childcare
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the energy & experience to give you the edge in starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help energise you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to execute tasks to the highest standard.
With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
All training will be delivered in the workplace with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.