The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Participating in activities with the children eg Reading, Numeracy, and Literacy activities
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the child
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes
- Outdoor play
- Arrange room environment to suit needs of activities
- Record all accidents accurately
- Keep all communications up to date
The opportunity to progress to a higher Level 3 qualification.
Childminders are responsible for planning and preparing a programme of play based activities and in the completion of all relevant record keeping, paperwork and administration. All Childminders have a responsibility to promote and demonstrate a high level of professionalism when carrying out their work.
- Good communication skills
- Well presented
- Role model of good behaviour
- Passion for working with children
- Eager to learn
- Looking for a career within childcare
- Self-motivated team player
No formal qualifications required just the right attitude and keenness to learn.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. They will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through the employers dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Functional skills in English and maths if required.