Childcare Apprenticeship - Intermediate (Level 2)
Little Steps Day Nursery
Paragon Training Academy Ltd
Candidate will always work under the supervision of an experienced member of staff and alongside the team to provide a safe and caring environment for the children in the nursery’s care:
- To be involved in the day–to–day routines of caring for the children throughout the nursery including feeding/changing nappies
- Responding appropriately to problems with the children
- Providing a safe and happy environment for the children and ensuring their needs are catered for
- To ensure that the nursery equipment is safe, clean and complete and to report any faults to a senior member of staff
- Ensure the appropriate maintenance and cleanliness of the premises which includes general cleaning such as: after meals/activities etc.
- Dealing effectively with parent’s wishes as far as is consistent with nursery policy
- Report all accidents, safety hazards or observations of children being unwell to a Senior member of staff
- To participate in a range of imaginative and creative activities with children throughout the nursery
- To attend such training including staff meetings and parent evenings as deemed necessary by the Principal
- Any duties as may reasonably be required by the Principal
Once your apprenticeship is completed there is an opportunity to become a full-time valued member of the team.
- 4.5 days a week; hours to be agreed
- The nursery operates between 07.45 – 18.15
- 8-hour shifts are within these hours
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working children and has a strong commitment to the early years. They must be willing to learn and work under the care and supervision of experience early years professionals. They will need to be able use their initiative and possess good communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Sense of humour
- Ability to get on with a range of people and young children
- Understand the needs of and to respect children, parents and staff
- Follow direction and accept the guidance and support needed to provide high quality care
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their team
No qualifications are necessary as full training will be given throughout the apprenticeship, however, experience with children (babysitting) would be advantageous.
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
All training will be delivered in the workplace with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.