Working with external training agencies, the successful candidate will cover all aspects of working with very young children.
You will help to carry out daily routines, such as playing with the children and engaging them in activities, helping to feed children at mealtimes and provide encouragement.
You will help with hygiene routines such as hand washing, toileting and nappy changing.
You will work closely with young children, babies and their families as well as working as part of a team of staff.
- Potential permanent employment for the ideal candidate with opportunities to extend their qualifications and professional development
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to support children's learning
- Have basic IT skills
- A clear desire to work with children
- A great sense of humour
- Good timekeeping and awareness of your role within the team
- Reliability is essential
- Works well as part of a team
- Able to use your own initiative
- GCSE, or equivalent, Grade 3 (D) or above in English and maths
- Level 1 Functional skills in maths & English if required
- A level 2 childcare qualification graded via an end point assessment
- College attendance is required one day per month