What will the apprentice be doing?
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner level 2.
This level 2 course is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce.
This includes learning the following:
Equality and diversity
Young children’s development
Importance of play
Communicating with babies and young children
Supporting the health and wellbeing of children
Supporting children with special educational needs (SEND)
Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The level 2 intermediate apprenticeship qualification confirms competence under supervision in these areas and serves as a progression pathway to the required qualification at level 3.
Permanent position within the aim to complete Level 3 and to continue to progress further, Progression on to level 3 and develop into other roles within a nursery.
Reality CheckApplicant must be able to successfully obtain a DBS
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Time Management, Motivation, Professional Development, Enthusiasm, Kindness, Approachable, Reliability, Confidence
Qualifications RequiredOther N/A (Grade N/A) Desired