What will the apprentice be doing?
- Planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Work towards the apprenticeship standards provided by Busy Bees Education and Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3
This Level 3 course is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce.
This includes learning the following:
Equality and diversity
Young children’s development
Importance of play
Communicating with babies and young children
Supporting the health and wellbeing of children
Supporting children with special educational needs (SEND)
Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Paediatric First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By completing the early years level 3 apprenticeship qualification, this confirms competence under supervision in these areas and serves as a progression pathway to the required successful career in childcare.
A possible permanent position as an early years level 3 qualified member of staff upon completion of apprenticeship
Reality CheckApplicant must be able to successfully obtain a DBS
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Time Management, Motivation, Professional Development, Enthusiasm, Kindness, Approachable, Reliability, Confidence
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 or FS Level 2) Desired