Your role will be to support both the children and your fellow team. You will be working with a mixed age groups providing suitable activities and providing a safe and secure environment. This will be 5 days a week role with flexible hours. Prior experience is not necessarily required, however a passion for early years and to build your career in childcare is a must. You will be responsible for providing a safe environment, setting up activities, helping prepare meals as well as completing assignments.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and work as a team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development and interests
- To make sure children are signed in and out and correct paperwork is filled such as an accident form
- Potential for permanent employment for the right candidate
- Able to use own initiative
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Passion for childcare
- Passes in GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English or equivalent would be preferred
- An understanding of what a childminder is or some knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage
- On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.