- Work alongside practitioners to ensure observations, planning and assessment paperwork is kept up to date, whilst acting as a key person to a group of children
- Responsibilities will include ensuring health and safety procedures are followed for children, parents and staff at all times. This includes understanding and promoting the settings safeguarding policy and procedures
- To follow all policies and procedures at all times and ensure that the children are supervised, motivated and engaged during their sessions
- To meet the physical needs of children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence
- Support, assess and develop young children with constructive play and attend to children’s needs using safe and best practice guidelines
- Any other duties that may be requested from time to time by your manager which may not be in the job description, but which reflect the general nature of the post
Potential to move to a level 3 qualification and remain as a valued member of staff.
- Good communication skills are a must
- You’ll need to be comfortable in a busy environment
- Have a warm & caring attitude
GCSE’s passes (or equivalent) are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed where necessary.
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard. With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young Persons Workforce
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
All training will be delivered in the workplace with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.