This position is subject to a clear DBS (formerly CRB) check. As a Level 2 Apprentice, you will be expected to support and assist other members of the team in the completion of their duties. Your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and setting up activities such as arts, crafts, music and cooking
- Preparing, cutting and feeding food for and to the children
- Teaching basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Assisting in development plans and observations
- Changing and cleaning babies
There is a bus stop opposite the nursery, with the 20 Dolphin Line and 87 stopping once every hour. It is a ten minute drive from Bournemouth Rail Station to the nursery.
You will be working from Monday to Friday on a shift pattern rotating weekly.
Please remember to upload your CV when you apply so that we can process your application quickly. Once we receive your CV, we will carry out a pre-screening telephone call with you to discuss your application and ask you to complete short, online English and maths assessments. Once we receive the assessment results, we send your CV to Emma’s Day Nursery and organise interviews.
There may be an opportunity to progress onto a Level 3 apprenticeship upon successful completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship.
- You must have good communication and listening skills in order to understand the needs of the children.
- You must be a friendly person with a caring attitude that comes across well.
- There are no qualifications required as full training is given throughout the apprenticeship.
We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young Person’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
All training will be delivered in the work place with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.