While working for Playschool Nursery and alongside Paragon Skills, you will be guided and fully supported in completing your childcare apprenticeship. Your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising creative play and activities
- Overseeing garden play
- Key person duties
- Supporting other member of staff
- Assisting at breakfast, lunch and snack times
- Maintaining general tidiness of the nursery
The working week is Monday to Friday and will consist of 35 hours per week. Your hours will be discussed at interview if successful.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there could be the opportunity to further your development within the childcare industry by completing a further childcare apprenticeship and maybe full time employment within our nurseries.
The interview process will consist of a telephone interview with a Paragon Skills Recruiter and then followed by a short interview and interactive play session with the nursery if you are progressed.
The salaries for your apprenticeship are fixed but there are fantastic financial incentives available to reward you for your hard-work and commitment to the job and apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Able to work solo and in a team
- Truly passionate about working with children
- Friendly, caring and compassionate
- Willing to learn
- Candidate must have existing Level 2 qualification in childcare.
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver
outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard. With this apprenticeship you will complete the following
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
All training will be delivered in the work place with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.