The successful candidate will be eager to progress their learning in childcare and will carry out tasks to ensure the daily routine can be met to support the children's needs.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting staff members with planning
- Providing a fun and exciting environment
- Daily care of the children and comforting them when needed
- Keeping their environment clean, tidy and safe
- Feeding & supporting children at mealtimes
- Nappy changing when settled into the setting
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- Communicating with parents and visitors where appropriate
A possible permanent position within the setting depending on performance.
An immediate start date will be available for the successful candidate subject to DBS check.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and to use initiative when required
- Friendly with a positive mindset
- Hardworking & willing to learn
- To be flexible to fulfil the needs of the children and the business
- A level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent) is required for this position
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be advantageous
Working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Full, ongoing support from the employer