We are looking for a Chefs apprentice to join our friendly and professional team.
The ideal candidate must be flexible with working hours, including weekend and evening shifts. Experience preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
You will assist the head chef with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items whilst adhering to all an excellent level of Health and Food Safety procedures.
Duties to include;
- To follow given recipes and ensure that dishes are prepared in accordance with the specification of the recipe
- To present dishes in a consistently appealing way as illustrated by the head chef
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately
- To comply with all house policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
- To learn and record skills and recipes from the head chef
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated
- Accept and store deliveries
To grow as part of the team.
It is a busy environment and timekeeping is essential when orders come in. The kitchen is small so needs to be kept clean and tidy at all times. You will be on your feet at all times.
As the Apprenticeship progresses you will take on more responsibility in the kitchen and be in charge of the kitchen during some shifts.
You pay will be reviewed after six months.
- Good teamwork
- Knowledge and experience of hospitality and customer service
- To be able to work under pressure in a busy environment and be clean and tidy when working
- Able to prioritise affectively
- Can work well under pressure
GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at 4/C or above.
Food Hygiene Certificate.
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.