Chef Scholarship Apprenticeship
As a Chef Scholar, you will undertake a 12-month Commis Chef Apprenticeship where you will work with other chefs to learn and practice new skills which are required to become an established and qualified chef. During your apprenticeship, you will develop knowledge, behaviours and skills through both college-based workshops and practical experience as part of our commercial kitchen teams. The college workshops are an essential part of your development and you will be responsible for your attendance one day a week. In the workplace, you will be responsible for recording your onsite training and practice and sharing this with your college liaison and allocated Learning & Development Trainer.
As a Chef Scholar, you will be working with local fresh produce and play an active role preparing and cooking dishes to a high standard. You will gain an understanding of how to use ingredients to the best of their potential and learn how to manage stock and waste in day to day service.
CUSTOMER - WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
- As part of your role, you will be self-driven and have a determination to deliver the best experience for our guests
- You will use customer feedback to improve our service and help develop our food offering
PEOPLE - WE APPRECIATE OURSELVES AND OTHERS AND WE NEVER KNOWINGLY LET A COLLEAGUE FAIL
- You will have a passion to learn from others in your team and offer support to your colleagues across all functions of the kitchen
- You will bring a positive attitude and energy to the team and understand the value of others in your team
OPERATIONS - WE ENJOY AND ARE PROUD OF ST AUSTELL BREWERY AND CONDUCT OURSELVES WITH HONESTY AND INTEGRITY
- You will follow process and procedures set out by the Head Chef to ensure the safe and efficient production of our food offer
- You will be punctual and well-presented and take pride in your role
COMMERCIAL - WE CHALLENGE POSITIVELY TO ALWAYS IMPROVE THINGS
- As a Chef Scholar, you will always be on the lookout for dishes that are not to specification or to the required standard
- You will be passionate about improving dishes and will openly share ideas with your Head Chef and your team
- Completion and recording of skill requirements for the apprenticeship standard
- Successful completion of your end-point assessment
- A key part of your role will be to understand best and safe practice in a commercial kitchen and learn how to manage and implement the safe delivery of food to our guests
Progression is available to the Advanced Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship following successful completion of this course.
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Experience is not essential – in fact, our Chef Scholarships are aimed at those with little or no experience
- All we ask is that you have a positive attitude and the desire to start a career as a chef
Learners ideally need to have maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.