During your apprenticeship your daily duties will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Helping the management and training of any commis working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
We believe in people and we grow our chefs into becoming more experienced chefs, being able to run multiple sections and then grow into Junior Sous level and higher, the limit is as far as you want to go.
Please highlight any unsociable hours, such as early starts, late finishes or weekend hours as well as shift patterns.
- Have great timekeeping skills
- Be capable of preparing and running a section on a busy service
- You will work well with your colleagues and enjoy being part of a team
- Have basic experience within a kitchen environment
- You will love food
- Be well presented
- Eager to learn
Ideally an apprentice will also have GCSE maths and English at grade C/4 and above or equivalent.
As a Commis Chef you will be preparing food and carrying out basic cooking tasks in every section of a kitchen under the supervision of a senior chef. You will be working as part of a team in a time-bound and often challenging kitchen environment. You will have a passion for food, cooking and working towards standardised recipes and menus. You will:
- Focus on developing basic techniques as a chef
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Adapt and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues