Chef De Partie Apprentice
HIT TRAINING LTD
Beales is the finest contemporary Hotel in Hatfield, a stunning, contemporary 4-star Hotel boasting a modern yet versatile interior, Beales Hotel is ideal for hosting events such as weddings and celebrations, or corporate events and seminars.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Intermediate Level Apprentice Chef at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, to join the Kitchen Brigade and develop.
The ideal candidate will be career-minded, hardworking with a passion for food. Would suit experienced Commis Chef willing to train and develop and work towards gaining a Qualification.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down workstations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
Ideal candidates will have:
- Good knowledge of all sections within a kitchen
- Good knife skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a busy kitchen as a Commis Chef or higher
- Passionate about cooking fresh food
- Be able to work under pressure and use own initiative
- To make sure that the cleaning schedule is completed every day/ week
- To make sure that all food is labelled, and that stock is rotated
- Minimising food waste and have an understanding of food costs
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked correctly
Keep own knowledge up to date and attend any training that is required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Progress from Chef de Partie, and potential possibility for Junior Sous Chef in the future (subject to skills/experience).
- Have good culinary skills and experience of working as a commis chef in previous role, preferably in a quality restaurant/culinary environment
- Have ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Be organised and precise, with a keen attention for detail
- Have food safety training and relevant culinary qualifications
- Ability to deal with deliveries and stock rotation, and maintain high standards of food hygiene
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and be good at working as part of a team
- Good team player
- Able to multitask
Level 2 Food Safety Skills and Allergen Training, plus relevant culinary vocational qualification (ideally, though training can be given)
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Chef de partie Level 3 Apprenticeship standard
Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.