Apprentice Chef Job Duties:
- Cooks guests' orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed, or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant's administrative team
The apprenticeship with The Navigator will last 15 months and you will be working towards your Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Ongoing support and progression.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found this vacancy could close early.
- Communication skills
- Team player qualities
- Positive and approachable manner
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- High level of attention to detail
No qualifications needed.
- Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English