As we are an expanding business, we are opening a third venue which will have conference and wedding facilities running alongside our busy café style restaurants.
The apprentice will be trained and responsible for a section in the kitchen, this will include:
- Pastry and desserts
- Cold veg, salad and meat prep
- Fish and sauce cookery
- We will train in the use and care of knives and kitchen equipment
- We will work alongside the training provider to ensure that you receive training and a qualification at the end of your apprenticeship
Food and selected drinks will be provided on site, tips are divided equally between all the staff and paid via a tronc system with separate payslip.
90% daytime hours only working 9-5, working 5 days out of seven and will include weekends.
Candidate may be required to work at any of the three sites - Taste Café at Chesil Beach, Taste Café, Dorset Museum.
As we are ever expanding there will be the opportunity to continue the contract as a junior chef and possibly further to becoming a senior chef within our business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Interest in food,
- Competence in a working environment
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be a team player
English & maths GCSE (or equivalent).
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard