The Poachers Inn is a small village pub that is open all day. Food is served from midday until 9pm such that the dreaded split shift is avoided. Service is busier at lunch and dinner leaving the afternoon for food preparation and general kitchen maintenance. All dishes are cooked from fresh and the menu changes regularly.
Duties to include:
- Food preparation
- Cooking and service
- Menu preparation
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic environment
- Health and safety management
There will be a permanent post available at the end of the apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Cheerful disposition is essential
- The ability to work with others and alone is necessary
- Willing to learn
Learners ideally need to have maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or above or equivalent.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Level 2 Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)