We are seeking an individual who is enthusiastic, keen to learn and to develop cooking and catering skills under an approved apprenticeship program. Working towards a Level 2 Chef award, training will be provided on the job and online, from an approved training provider. Successful applicants will also be matched with a mentor and complete a personal development programme.
The role is for 5 days a week, with 20% dedicated to training and education.
This role in integral to the success of N2E and will involve working closely with the Café Manager/Head chef, interacting with customers and helping to drive the revenue of the N2E activities.
Key Responsibilities and Training
- Wash, shred or chop foods such as produce and cheese, slice meat and arrange prepared food items
- Prepare and cook food – working to food hygiene and safety standard
- Preparation of kitchen documentation, including completion of paperwork – e.g. wastage sheets, cleaning records
- Ensure food is prepared to the required standards, checking for taste, presentation and quality
- Serve food promptly, and ensure food is garnished correctly
- Manage portion control, preparation and storage methods
- Take out waste, clean the cooking area and organise the storing of unused food.
- Front of house roles include; brewing and serving coffee and tea, waiting on guests, setting and clearing tables, general cleaning
- Communicating with customers
Apprentices will be supported to find further employment (although no guarantees are made)
- Be willing to learn new skills and how to manage a varied workload
- Be willing to help customers enjoy their time within our businesses
- Be willing to learn and gain experience of good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT)
- Be prepared to follow and stick to our code of conduct
- Be polite and working in a respectful manner
- Be willing to learn to work well in a pressured environment, whilst paying attention to detail
- Show willingness to communicate and listen effectively and politely to both customers and team
- Be a team player
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Show self-motivation and be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Show ambition to work hard for the benefit of the company
- Show determination to succeed and, ideally, a passion for food production and quality
GCSE or equivalent in maths & English A-C 9/4.
- Level 2 Chef
- Food Hygiene
- Accredited Barista training
- A needs analysis will be conducted, and other training will be provided based on an individual’s needs (this can include functional skills in English and maths)