- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
Our Kitchen teams are uncompromising to our standards and stop at nothing to ensure an exceptional guest experience. They understand they are part of a wider team and ensure that communication is clear and precise at all times.
Our Kitchen Behaviours
Integrity – You do what is right even when it isn’t easy.
Fun – You bring the best you to work, and smile even when the going gets tough.
Passion – You want to learn and develop and master your role.
Guest First – Although you are not directly facing guests, you understand how integral your role is to ensuring an exception guest experience.
Length – 2 weeks.
Your first day is completing that important paperwork with your manager. You will then go through a 10 shift plan taking you around each area of the kitchen ending up on the pass plating up with the Head Chef. You will also have access to FLOW our e-learning system in which you will gain nationally recognised certificates in food safety.
Ongoing learning and development
As a Kitchen at Brewhouse and Kitchen we offer a variety of courses for you to master your skills and develop towards the next step in your career. Including this nationally recognised apprenticeship.
Heading into a Commis Chef or Chef De Partie, dependant on performance in role. Also, the opportunity to transfer departments to FOH or Brewery. Sous Chef and Head Chef is also available to those that wish to progress.
None - You will be trained
- Commitment to your own progression and learning
- Someone that is fun, passionate, puts people first and has integrity
- L2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Maths and English L1
- The Principals of Infection and Safe Working
- Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
- Customer Service in the World of Now
- Managing Change and Building Resilience
In house training –
- Brew Happiness Induction
- Regular skills cook offs
- Beer Specialist course