What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to broaden their knowledge and gain new skills. You will need to have excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, flexibility, able to manage your own workload within tight deadlines..
- Sending all CHAPS/International and Faster payments daily within the specified deadlines.
- To understand & follow agreed procedures for reviewing and operating Bankline.
- To raise, post and distribute client & office cheques to LA’s / PA’s, this will also include banking. These duties are to be performed on a daily basis.
- To reconcile out of date cheques on a regular basis and to report into the Finance Manager monthly.
- To carry out any internal transfers i.e. client to client, matter to matter, client to bill, client to disbursement and disbursement to disbursements in accordance with Shoosmiths policies.
- Log anticipated and actual disbursements onto the ledger which should be kept up to date on the accounting system in accordance to our policies.
- Post special delivery & other soft charges daily.
- Run and post all receipts to the ledgers for the worldpay reports and to check for any card payment taken for your local office
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Accounts or Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
One of the benefits of working for a wider Finance team is that oppourtunites in other departments such as Financial Accounting, Finance Administration, Financaial Planning & Anaylysis and Credit Management are made available to internal staff on a regular basis. Alternatively, you could climb the Cashiering ladder and take on roles such as Lead Legal Cashier.
Reality CheckCompany benefits - 25 days holiday increasing to 30 depending on length of service - Flexible holidays - Additional days annual leave for your birthday - Birthday vouchers - Long service awards - Free parking
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential