Sven Saunas manufacture & make wooden sauna’s. Once they have built the sauna they also offer an install service, with their customers. In the production of the sauna’s they make doors, windows & walls out of wood. They are now looking for a carpentry apprentice to join the team.
The successful candidate will:
- Help to make all the component parts of the sauna
- Learn how to assemble all the parts and complete the sauna as a whole
- Learn how to read a CAD Drawing (All our saunas are bespoke, so every unit has a CAD Drawing)
- Learning all aspects of Measuring, cutting, drilling and all other processes which are undertaken during the making of the cabins
- Be involved in making component parts; Doors, door handles, light shades, trims and hatches
This position is offered with the view of full employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Must want to grow into this role, we are looking for a long term member of our workshop to take on more responsibility as they learn.
This position is offered with the view of full time employment at the end of the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
When working on site you may be out for longer than your 8am to 5pm hours. Notice is always given but, you must be willing to work long days when needed.
Please think about how you will get to work each day.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
- Practical and organised
- Physically fit
- Good communication skills
- An interest in carpentry
- Willing to learn
- Able to take instructions
- Work as part of a team
To be considered for this role you will need GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-3 (A*-D) including maths and English.
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)