Main duties will include:
First Fix Carpentry includes:
- Floating floors
- Windows and window boards,
- Exterior doors and internal door linings
- Mid/Full height bathroom boxing’s
Second Fix Carpentry includes:
- Internal hardwood and softwood doors
- Architraves to door linings
- Skirting and mouldings
- Pre-formed door sets
- Staircase components
- Low level bathroom boxing’s
- Training on roof carpentry will also be provided
Ability to progress within the company. Given more responsibility and a wage to support this. Potential to be supplied with a company van/truck and fuel card.
Candidates will need to drive and have their own transport in order to travel across different sites in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & surrounding areas.
Wage will depend on experience.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
- Onsite experience is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Be a motivated, professional individual with a strong work ethic
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to learn and progress
- Ability to use hand tools is desirable
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)