As an apprentice you will join our team joining in with our building processes outlined below:
- When we start each project, it is usually a steel or concrete frame. We then install the external steel walls. This is called SFS. (STEEL STUDWORK)
- Then we install a sheathing board
- The next stage is to fit the aluminium windows and doors along with the EPDM
- Then we install the aluminium substructure. This consists of helping hand brackets and Rails
- We then install the Rainscreen Cladding Panels. There are thousands of different types and many different materials on the market, ranging from timber to solid stone
Every project has a different style or look to it and is very rewarding to stand back at a project we have been working together as a team to complete.
Rainscreen Cladding has been available since the 1980s however over the last few years has really started to take off and is now used on nearly every commercial construction site.
We will also ensure the applicant has been given sufficient on-site experience to enable them to complete their carpentry apprenticeship.
Once qualified the applicant will be offered a permanent position within SCL as an installer. Later options are available to become supervisors or site managers.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Must be willing to work outdoors all year round
- Works well within a team and individually
- Must be willing to work hard
- Must be keen to learn and follow instructions
GCSE maths and English at grade 9-3/A*-D or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 2.
- Carpentry and Joinery standard Level 2
- Functional skills maths and English if required