The applicant will be required to do a variety of joinery tasks and responsibility will increase as you progress through your course and skills are learnt.
Daily tasks will include some or all of the following:
- Generally assisting
- Learning how to measure and set out
- Mucking in
- Learning how to fit hinges
- Learning to cut locks
- Learning to fit kitchens
- Learning to cut roofs
- Learning first & second fix carpentry
- Learning to use handtools
- Learning to use power tools
You will also need to keep the site clean and tidy and learn the trade to the best of your ability. We are a small company and we work together as a team in what ever the work description is so this would be expected.
You may be required to be on various sites (domestic homes and commercial) and show care and attention to our clients and listen to those around you.
Future employement after completion of Apprenticeship.
- Good eye for detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to communicate well with clients
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Experience in carpentry would be desirable but not essential
- A genuine enthusiasm for working in the Carpentry / building trade
- Able to work by yourself and as part of a small team
GCSE A-C in English and Math's or equivalent
You will recieve on the job training and also oneday a week of study in College.