Cargill operates a state-of-the-art further chicken processing plant in Wolverhampton, producing breaded and battered chicken products for a leading quick service food restaurant chain.
The site opened in 1995 and employs people across its production, new product development and commercial teams. The plant boosts a modern and spacious production environment and a knowledgeable and experienced team to best serve the needs of its customers.
The 13 acre site has the capacity to produce up to 19000 tonnes of product per year.
This role will include the following duties:
- Assist the engineering and operations management teams to ensure safe plant, safe systems of work and a safe working environment is achieved and maintained in compliance to the higher of local, national, European or corporate standards
- Responsible to carry out project tasks as outlined by the project manager
- To ensure there is clear and consistent communication and leadership of site projects, including; downtime monitoring and targeting, tasks and resource planning and scheduling, auditing and management of process check sheets, maintaining of food safe environment, housekeeping and safety standards leadership and auditing, management and control of contractors and suppliers, engineering permits and shift hand-over coordination
- To ensure correct use of the CMMS system, including timely and accurate information to include modifications to equipment, new machinery asset information, critical spares
- Work with the engineering management team to ensure all information is shared with the engineering teams to include training, schematics etc
- Take an active role as required in project coordination to include project scope, timetable of works, EH and S planning, budget allocation and control and project implementation
- Coordinate with site operations to ensure assigned tasks from the Business Plan, Operating Plan, EH and S Plan and Engineering Plan are achieved
- Work with the engineering management team to monitor relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking data and use to target plant and process improvement and shared best practice
- In the absence of the Project manager take leadership of the allocated projects
- Update site CAD system
Following your apprenticeship, you may become a project engineer.
Please note that this role involves working in a food enviroment, so high standards of health and safety and food safety will be adhered to at all times.
- A good level of written and oral communication
- A strong interest in engineering, in particular in the food industry
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Someone who enjoys finding the answers to problems
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- Someone who has a passion for engineering
3 GCSEs at 9 - 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or an equivalent related qualification.
Any engineering qualifications will be looked on very favourably.
Following your apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to become a project engineer.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training - off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will learn about:
- Health and Safety Legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR)
- Food Hygiene and food safety legislation
- Formal Environmental Health and Safety qualifications or experience
- Risk Assessments
- CAD software
- Project Management using Microsoft Project