The role will be to assist the school caretakers in all aspects of maintenance of the site, including:
- Carrying out regular maintenance checks of the building and grounds
- Carrying out minor repairs when required
- Carry out routine health & safety checks
- Managing the school's maintenance records
- Ensuring stocks of supplies are maintained throughout the school, throughout the day
- Setting up the rooms for assemblies, events, activities, etc
Future ProspectsWhile we are unable to guarantee a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship, the skills developed should enable the successful candidate to apply for a similar permanent position in schools or other environments.
Reality CheckThe role will include physical and administrative work.
- Training/experience in DIY/repairs and maintenance would be an advantage
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills to interact professionally with staff and contractors
- Ability to read and understand policies and guidance
- Flexible, hard-working attitude
A minimum of GCSE grade 3, or above, in English Language and Mathematics is essential.
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship