Responsibilities will include:
- Looking after clients in their own homes, helping them with independence
- They are reliant on their carers for their food, hydration and care needs as well as friendship and support
- The apprentice will provide support to the Registered Manager, Supervisor and Recruiter. They will be responsible for the safe receipt, recording and filing of all client paperwork
- Preparation of paperwork for new clients
- Collating paperwork from current clients, recording this and filing appropriately
- Telephoning clients and staff to give messages from senior staff
- Keeping the office tidy, and making sure stocks of stationery and uniforms are adequate at all times
- Working with recruitment to monitor training needs of staff
This role is to become a full-time role with a view to continuing education and moving up through the company.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
We need the applicant to have good computer skills. We have specialists systems which are fairly straight forward, and we will provide training on these, however being confident around technology is beneficial.
- A car would be advantageous but not essential
- A lot of the communication is via phone and we need someone who is patient talking to our clients
- Attention to detail is key in the role. As the role involves setting up and updating care packages for clients, we need to be exact
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses.
Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating