To contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment by undertaking a variety of care and housekeeping duties whilst promoting the dignity, privacy and encouragement of independence of residents.
- To provide quality care by attending to residents' physical and personal needs including washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, feeding and any other personal needs
- To listen to and respect the individual's rights to privacy and dignity at all times; to help each individual overcome any anxieties and to enjoy the facilities of the Home whilst retaining as much of their own independence as possible
- To encourage contacts with friends and family, activities in the community and personal shopping
- To help with the preparation and serving of meals and other appropriate domestic tasks as necessary, within the guidelines of the Hygiene Regulations
- To help with basic housekeeping duties such as making beds, care of linen/laundry and clothing and tidying residents' rooms in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Home, in accordance with the guidelines on the use of cleaning materials and equipment
- To participate in staff meetings, training and development and staff supervision.
- To comply with all standard procedures concerning the residents' health and welfare.
- To work under the supervision of the Care Team Manager to attend to the physical and personal needs of customers
- To promote the dignity, privacy, and encourage the independence of residents
- To identify and meet the social, emotional and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation of social and recreational activities
- To contribute to the preparation and review of individual customer’s care plans
- To assist with the distribution of medication in accordance with the standard procedures, under the general supervision of the Care Team Manager
- To undertake any other duties, depending on skills and competency, to enable the efficient running of the Home
At Quantum Care, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 18 months.
Qualified Care Workers can progress to Senior Carers or Care Team Managers.
Care staff work a variety of shifts and every other weekend. Your rota will also mean you will be working some Bank Holiday days.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Committed to own professional development
- Neat and tidy in appearance
- Have a passion to care for older people and be acutely aware of their needs
- Physically fit to carry out work involving moving and handling residents and attend for work on a regular basis
- A respectful and flexible approach to dealing with residents’ personal care needs
- A positive attitude to residents’ rights
- Ability to relate positively to residents, team members and relatives with regard to their circumstances, gender, cultural and ethnic background
Maths and English GCSE grades 3/D or above or equivalents.
- Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Function Skills maths and English