What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will undertake complete personal care, (physical, social and emotional).
- You will support people to regain and develop their independent living skills.
- You will enable people to engage with activities and promote choice.
- You will focus on improving outcomes which enhances and improves lives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Care Certificate
Training will be delivered at your place of work, in other council premises or online as necessary, normally on one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Support Worker - Supported Living
- Home Care Support Worker
- Learning Disability Support Worker
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Re-enablement Worker
Reality CheckApplicants aged under 18 must have completed, or be in the process of completing the Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care before the start date. You will travel within Luton and be supporting people with a range of needs some of which are profound and complex. You will work within a multicultural environment with both males and females.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Caring
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential