Care Assistant Apprentice
Christadelphian Care Homes
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
- To assist residents with personal hygiene: washing, showering, bathing, dressing and undressing.
- To assist residents to access and use toilet facilities, including taking specimens and recording information as required.
- To enable residents to maintain and improve their mobility and to use mobility aids.
- To carry out manual handling in accordance with the published Health and Safety Policy and with reference to the residents’ care plans.
- To support residents in meeting their nutritional needs and assist residents with eating and drinking, monitoring and accurately recording intake where appropriate.
- To work with Activities staff to help and encourage residents to take part in daily activities, therapeutic activities (e.g. exercise class) and social activities, enabling residents to lead fulfilling lives.
- To assist with keeping residents’ rooms clean and tidy.
- To observe and report any changes in residents.
- To record the care given to residents.
- To give and receive verbal reports.
- To maintain confidentiality of information.
- To support residents and relatives on admission or transfer.
- To contribute to the care of dying residents and to provide care, comfort, privacy and emotional support for their families.
Important Note or Night Care Assistants:
Care Assistants nights shifts are waking shifts and staff are required to be awake and vigilant at all times. Certain residents need to be checked during the night, as stated in their care plan. Failure to carry out the required checks and/or sleeping whilst on duty will be regarded as gross misconduct and may result in a summary dismissal.
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification.
- You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
- Positive attitude towards learning and work
No qualifications required.
Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.