What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provision of 360 administrative support to all Consultants as required.
- Updating the database with candidate, client and assignment information throughout the process.
- Relationship building/management with candidates and clients.
- Responsibility for ensuring all compliance documents required for candidates to work are current and in line with current legislation and client due diligence requirements.
- Managing candidate registrations.
- Co-ordinating client/candidate events.
- Management and accurate updating and reporting on multiple databases (FileFinder, Concept, Timesheet Portal and Client Portals).
- Provide timely reminders and information to support candidate and client care protocols.
- Prioritise and manage personal workload and give clear updates at weekly team meetings.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key internal departments to ensure a smooth operational process for both clients and candidates.
- Gathering feedback and insight from candidates and clients to inform and improve our approach.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 or A-C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 or A-C) Desired