What will the apprentice be doing?
With training and support, the apprentice will learn to:
- Support the Property Management team to effectively organise and administrate data for contracted works and internal service areas.
- Support contract management in the recording, updating and processing of works/documents on the systems.
- Assist in the day to day administration, inputting data, enquiries and correspondence for programmes of work, repairs and contracted works across the Property Management Division.
Example of outcomes the apprentice will learn to deliver:
- Provide an effective administrative support function based in the Property Management division ensuring that full support is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Provide an effective contract support function across all teams within Property Management ensuring that full support is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Ensure that staff absences are covered through the team’s knowledge of all areas of work.
- Provide a support to the team in organising effective management of contract and service area requirements.
- Positively contribute to the development of the team and help them provide advice and guidance to other teams across the division and further afield.
- Maintain and update systems for the relevant service area within Property Services including but not limited to repairs and operations, capital works, void (empty) properties and contracted services.
- Accurately update and maintain the property records relating to compliance and completed works including document management and processing of certification.
- Assist in the pro-active provision of a full office management function ensuring all equipment and facilities are maintained and all consumables replenished and available as required.
- Assist in coordinating communication and correspondence for the service area to support effective property management delivery.
- The role will involve communicating with internal staff across all levels, residents, Tenant and Resident Associations (TRAs), Members, consultants and contractors in relation to Property Services.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration qualification
- Gingernut Training
- 1 day a week study day
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible career progression with qualification
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredNVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Level 1) Essential