Buying & Merchandising Apprenticeship 2020
MARKS AND SPENCER P.L.C.
FASHION RETAIL ACADEMY
Are you interested in Fashion and keen to get your foot on the ladder with M&S? Then apply for our 15-month Buying & Merchandising Apprenticeship that we run in partnership with the Fashion Retail Academy.
Day to day you will work as either a Buying Admin Assistant or a Merchandising Admin Assistant within one of our Clothing & Home Business Units, with one day a week in training at either the Fashion Retail Academy or in the office.
The training with the FRA will cover a wider range of topics to give you the broadest level of learning across all areas ranging from:
- Fashion environment
- Retail communications
- Critical path management
- Creative digital skills
- Garment technology
- Managing your own personal and professional development
Depending on the performance of the candidate and company vacancies, there may be a role in our buying or merchandising team.
We’ll expect you to live in or around London, to ensure the commute to our office – right in the heart of town – is viable day in, day out. Remember to check the travel costs, too.
- Highly organised with attention to detail when performing tasks, ability to anticipate and manage
- Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- You will need to demonstrate drive and problem-solving skills to go above and beyond for our customers
- Numeracy and a desire to build strong business acumen are also important
- Passion for products and desire to learn about the brand and customer
- You're super-curious about pretty much everything. It should go without saying that you’re happy with numbers, great with detail, and have a good, intuitive feel for the commercial world
- You’re excited about fashion and retail, keen to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment, with the resilience and drive to back it up when the going gets tough
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE maths & English or equivalent.
- Buying and Merchandising Assistant
There will be 4 core modules covering a wide range of topics to give you the broadest level of learning across all areas ranging from retail business environment, retail communications, critical path management, creative digital skills, garment technology through to managing your own personal and professional development.
Finally, you will be part of a strategic project, which you will complete after your programme of learning.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free