- To undertake routine reception duties, to include answering enquiries, visitor checks and sign in.
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
- Liaise with members of the public, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
- To ensure pupils are signed in upon arrival and that all pupils sign out if they leave during the school day.
- To check off deliveries of educational and administrative equipment against delivery notes.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support including photocopying, filing, routine correspondence, use of ICT packages such as word, excel, email and SIMS.
- Assist with the updating of pupil information on SIMS.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- Provide support to the School Business Leader, Finance Officer and Administrative Officer as required in order to fulfil learning and successful completion of apprenticeship. Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To keep up to date with Apprenticeship studies and inform Business Leader if there are any issues.
- Possibility of permanent post and progression upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Conversant with IT and a competent user of word processing and email.
- Ability to relate well to children and parents with patience and understanding.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and measured manner.
- A high level of personal professionalism and confidentiality.
- To know when to take initiative and when to seek guidance
- Enthusiasm and drive for working in a school.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Reliability, confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to promote the positive image of the school.
- Good health and attendance record.
- A positive and flexible attitude to work.
- Willingness to undertake further training/development opportunities.
- Must have at least a C/4 (or equivalent) in both maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2
You will receive on the job training and attend College once a week to learn the apprenticeship standard.